Saturday 2 July 2016

Time flies......

So....... After a few years since writing I thought I must get back to updating people on where we are at......

We still are living in Chad where have we have been for three and a half years now(!). And have added to the Mumford family with our Jacob being born last April.... We had him in England and he has been such a joy to us. Zack, now 8 and Esther, 5, adore him, and he them. It is lovely to hear them all giggling together.


Andrew is now flying both maf planes in Chad, learnt to fly the c208 last year and is really enjoying it. As I write this the kids and I are still  back in the uk following us all being back for home assignment and a coule of weeks holiday and Andrew  having to return back home to Chad. And finds himself very busy with the flying in Chad. It is great to be so busy and how things have changed since I lots us payed this blog!

Zack and Esther are now Ttending the Africa inland mission school in the city. After the summer zack will enter fourth grade and Esther will go to second. The school teachers are Amazing and God has provided them as such a blessing for the kids, zack and Esther  love school and area song so well.

Saratou continues to work for us. She is number six in our family and earlier this year had her fifth child which they named Hannah! Saratou continues to show me what it is to be humble, kind, gentle and our she continues to correct my friends and help my grammar. Jacob and her have a very special bond and I am excited to see her when the kids and I return to Chad in a couple of weeks.

As I am sure you can imagine it hasn't all been easy the past few years. Boko haram attacked the city last year when we were still in the uk following the birth of Jacob and it was hard to return wondering what life would be like, especially with three children, one only few months old. Maf put in security measures and movements were restricted for a bit but life soon returned to normal, even with some additional restrictions to everyday movements. Andrew had to do his training in Uganda on the caravan for six weeks and it was hard to be left in Chad with the kids on my own for those six weeks. But God gave me extra strength and trust in Him during that time as he walked along side the kids and I as we went about everyday life in Chad without Andrew, and to Andrew as he had intensive study and training, thoughout the year , and spent many weeks away from his family.  He placed in our paths many to pray for us and wonderful friends in Chad helped and encouraged me on the days it felt lonely and extra difficult.  In April we had the presidential elections and we can praise God for it passing pretty peacefully on the surface.  Among the tough times God has given us times of laughter with friends and three wonderful children have been give to Andrew and I to look after for Him. He has kept us safe and healthy and remained faithful to us at all times.

 As Andrew now is busy flying  in. Chad and the kids and I finish off the next ten days here in the uk with family and friends, and face more transitions, I am reimnded that God uses every experience and situation He gives us and He will hold us in his arms and take care of us when times are tough giving us extra grace and strength that often we don't understand.  We serve a God who cares and loves for us and has placed us in Chad to serve with maf but also to teach us many things about Him that when everything else is stripped away , God is sovereign and the need to trust in Him is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment