Saturday 13 August 2016

Home for month now.......

The kids and I returned to Chad four weeks ago now. It feels like we have never been away,except the lovely memories that we have of our recent time in the uk. It is hard to explain how when one returns back home to Chad, life in the uk seems all but a memory very quickly, but the feeling of missing family and friends is a few ache and hurt. A friend today, over a cup of tea, described it as life here in Chad gets put on pause when you return to the uk and when you come back to Chad, U.K life gets put on pause.

So when we returned to Chad,Andrew and Saratou had moved most of our belongings over to a new house on the compound from our old flat. We are now in a house enjoying having more space and a garden. This week we ate our first bananas off our banana tree,  the kids and I have been planting seeds so we will see how things go and one of the guards is helPing us to keep the garden nice. We feel very thankful to have this new bigger house, even though last night at midnight I spend an hour mopping up rain water from the bedroom. Although I didn't at the time have a totally thankful heart at my situation, God blessed me in only having one room to sort out unlike many Chadians here whose houses are destroyed with this rainy season.

Why you may ask did Andrew not help. well,last Sunday he flew the Ugandan caravan plane that we have been using here whilst our plane has been updated, back to Uganda. He remains there doing medicals and flight test and returns with our Chadian plane on Tuesday. It is hard him being used to do this and leaving me and the kids here again. However, at least it is not six weeks like last year. God has been my strength and comforter this week as just thirty minutes after Andrew left last week, I found blood in Jacobs nappy. They hadn't been the best for a few days before this,but the seeing the blood and owing that Andrew would be away for ten days sent me in a spin for a bit. But God gave me good friends and neighbours in my team and they got us to the clinic to see the dr who gave us medicine for Jacob.he has been so lethargic and tired this week and still poorly, but a bit better. It has been so hard to go through this without Andrew here, and we have had limited email communication as social medical is shut down for security reasons, but again, I find myself calling out to God to walk along side Jacob to heal him and help me look after him, and zack and Esther on my own. God has pleaced people in my path just when I have needed them and a trust in him that is needed with a sick child here in Chad. Jacob has improved but still has a way to go and perhaps another visit to the dr this week, when Andrew is home to be with us and help translate! The challenges of Chad!

This week I am reminded that God will put challenges in our way and it is how we deal with this in our attitude that counts. I have been trying to react with courage and confidence in Christ, growing my character and trusting in Gods faithfulness. it is hard and I rarely get it right at the time, but I have a loving and forgiving God who won't give up on me as I keep walking with him and seeking his ways in all things that he gives me everyday.

Tomorrow is Andrews 40th birthday. It is hard being apart for that, although maybe for me more than him as I am not so sure he is keen to be reminded he won't be in his 30s any more. But the kids and I look forward to celebrating with him later in the week and remembering the many blessings he has given to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment