Friday 14 April 2017

Happy Easter from Chad

After having to leave Chad for a few months back at the end of October last year due to MAF operations here having to be suspended  due to complex issues over tax with the Chadian government, we are now back, since the end of February and are getting back on our feet.

Leaving Chad at short notice was hard as we prepared  what belongings to take things back to the UK, not knowing if or when we would return, but we were blessed with being able to stay with family and friends during those months, and take a couple of much needed breaks.

One of my worst fears was having to home school Zack and Esther. They did amazingly well adapting to having to be home schooled for a couple of hours each day, often interrupted by their little brother Jacob. Not having a base was difficult as we moved every two weeks or so but they took it all in their stride. Of course, we were able to make the most of all the UK has to offer for the kids from parks ( even in the cold and the wet), swimming lessons, wooded walks, and Christmas activities. It was a special time in a difficult situation but God has taught us so much through it.

For me, I like to be in control of things. He has shown me the need to trust him in everything. Even when my days don't go as I had planned they would, I am trying to let that go, knowing that Gods plan that he has for me that day, are better than mine could be.  We left our home, our friends and a lot of our belongings, and I have been taught the value of those friends we left here in Chad for that time, that our belongings....... well, when it comes down to it, we don't need many things and are easy to replace.

Now we are back and ready to go and as the operations here open slowly as things get into place and the flying starts, we know we are here doing what God wants us to do in Chad again. We don't know what God has in store for us, even tomorrow, but we do know that even when things don't make sense at the time, His timing and plans are perfect.

Today, we remember what an amazing thing Jesus did dying on the cross and then on Sunday, when he rose again,  and how much of a gift that is for each and every one of us. During our family daily bible times we have been, just coincidently, reading about the Easter story, and I am still touched so much by everything Jesus has done for me.

As we carry on with life here in Chad, I feel thankful as we are able to enjoy our home, being a family together again, not moving every couple of weeks, for Esther and Zack to attend their missionary school again, and  as I am able to pick up with old friendships here and enjoy new ones,  I thank God for the many blessings he gives me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment